Just east of Livonia Station was the village of Livonia Center. Families with the names of Woodruff, Gibbs, Beecher, Coy and Blake were some of the early residents. In 1804, the first store in the Center was built by Isaac Bishop and stood where Village Woodworks is now located (the old Catholic church). There was also a tavern and a cobblestone blacksmith shop (pictured above).
Livonia Center was a wonderful little country village. In the early days it was also on the Canandaigua and Genesee Valley mail route and the event of the day was the arrival of the four-horse stage coach. Even though the Erie RR bypassed the Center and gave rise to the growth of Livonia Station, the Rochester & Southern Junction (Lehigh Valley RR) passed very near the hamlet. It connected to Lima, Honeoye Falls and Rochester to the north and Hemlock to the south. The depot was located on Richmond Mills Road and was also used as a place for parties and dances. Passenger service continued until about 1936.